The dragon boat season generally starts in October and continues through to the end of March.
- We kick-off in late September with a team gathering – to greet new members and catch up with the old
- For the next month, training is in the pool – weekly sessions focusing on aerobic fitness and water confidence.
- On-the-water training in the dragon boat starts in November, initially with weekly sessions held at Westhaven, and moving onto twice weekly sessions as the season progresses.
- There are generally four regattas held within New Zealand each year and international regattas are typically held every two years.
- The team strives to raise funds / obtain grants to allay travel and related costs, but when not possible, individual members cover their own costs.
Westhaven - Pier Z (City end of Westhaven - near Swashbucklers)
When training shifts to lake Pupuke on Auckland's North Shore...
- Exit Motorway at Northcote Road - east
- Follow Northcote Rd to Shea Terrace
- Parking at the bottom of Shea Terrace – past North Shore Hospital