Life after Breast Cancer
Eighteen years ago, the Busting With Life Dragon Boat Team was established to provide hope and inspiration to those with breast cancer, and to make a difference…
WE ARE RECRUITING FOR NEW MEMBERS NOW
Email us to find out more
NZDBA National Championships, Lake Hood, Ashburton - 19/20 March 2016
The morning was a tad cool but the day was just unfolding. We arrived at Lake Hood and as the sun began to rise, its orange glow reflected onto the still waters - awesome, romantic almost……no time for that! We have a job to do, so let’s do it.
ADBA Regional Championships, Auckland - 12 March 2016
One new team member could not have imagined in her wildest dreams that one day she would be here on this day and quickly takes time to inhale the lake scenery along with a memory snap shot of the moment.
ADBA Boot Camp, Kai Iwi Lakes - 26-28 February 2016
12 Busting with Life ladies had a whale of a time at Kai Iwi Lakes this weekend. Besides some hard out paddling we got to know lots more about each other, like who the party animals are, who can pitch a tent and who can’t, and who can’t dance to save themselves.
Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta, Viaduct Harbour - Monday 1 February 2016
Years ago one of our newer team members just happened to be walking through the Viaduct one sunny day when she saw some Dragon Boats racing. She thought at the time that it looked amazing and that she would love to give it a go. Little did she know that, here in 2016 she would not only be "giving it a go," but would be racing her little heart out for the Busting With Life Dragon Boat team.
Tauranga Regatta, Lake Tauriko - Saturday 28 November 2015
The Tauranga event has always been a great team building regatta for us to attend, and this past weekend was no exception. We also had the absolute privilege of welcoming along a VIP visitor from Canada - Dr Don McKenzie. Dr Don is the pioneer of Breast Cancer dragon boating world-wide.
Hamilton Regatta, Hamilton Lake - Saturday 14 November 2015
We were thrilled to have some new ladies come to test the waters and try their hand at dragon boating and they were still smiling at the end of the day.
See what's happening
Becoming a Supporter or Sponsor
Without our Sponsors, Donors and key supporters, Busting With Life could not stay afloat. The whole team is involved in a myriad of fundraising activities, and the corporate sponsorships and trust grants are our lifeblood. We are indebted to our Sponsors and Donors for their contributions. Have a look on our dedicated Sponsors and Donors page for more information.
To make an instant on-line donation via secure website givealittle.co.nz, click here now. Busting With Life is grateful for any and all support.
See more here
Members - Latest Updates
- 19 May 2016 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
- 04 May 2016 - (Events - Pirates in Pink Regatta, Westhaven, 1 May 2016)
- 02 May 2016 - (Gallery - Pirates in Pink Regatta, Westhaven, 1 May 2016)
- 18 April 2016 - (Gallery - End of Season Brunch, 17 April 2016)
- 15 April 2016 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
- 13 April 2016 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
- 11 April 2016 - (Gallery - NZDBA National Championships - more pix)
- 01 April 2016 - (Home Page/Events - NZDBA National Championships, Lake Hood, 19/20 March 2016)
- 23 March 2016 - (Gallery - NZDBA National Championships, Lake Hood, 19/20 March 2016)
- 22 March 2016 - (Events - ADBA Regional Championships, Auckland, 12 March 2016)
- 22 March 2016 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
- 21 March 2016 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
- 16 March 2016 - (Gallery - ADBA Regional Championships, 12 March 2016)
- 29 February 2016 - (Events - ADBA Boot Camp Kai Iwi Lakes, 26-28 February 2016)
- 05 February 2016 - (Gallery - Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta Viaduct Harbour February 2016)
- 04 February 2016 - (Events/Home Page - Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta Viaduct Harbour February 2016)
- 22 January 2016 - (Gallery - Blessing our New Paddles January 2016)
- 18 January 2016 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
Paddles Ready !!!
For eighteen years and counting, the Busting With Life Dragon Boat team has participated in dragon boat racing to make a difference – to raise awareness of breast cancer and to encourage those living with it to lead full and active lives. And, while making a difference in the wider community, members have competed locally, nationally and internationally, enjoyed new and sustaining friendships, gained from enhanced fitness, and had endless fun.
Visit us on FACEBOOK and "LIKE" us here
New Paddlers - Join us NOW!
Have you had breast cancer?
Are you ready to try something new?
Take a look at dragonboat racing.
For more information and to find out about our training schedule email us now
Dates for Future Events
- Polar Bears 9:00am-10:30am, Icebreakers 10:15am-11:30am every Sunday morning Pier Z, Westhaven. Text Alisha 021467555 by 5pm Saturday to book
- Winter Walk - Saturday 25 June 2016, 2:00pm
- Super 10 Regatta Auckland - Sunday 10 July 2016, 10:30am-2:30pm
- Winter Walk - Saturday 16 July 2016, 2:00pm TBC
- ADBA 2016 Sports Awards - Saturday 23 July 2016, Horse and Trap Mt Eden, 7:00pm
- AGM - Sunday 14 August 2016, 3:00pm (Domain Lodge)
- Tutukaka Coast Festival Regatta - Saturday 27 August 2016
- Fundraiser Event - Fashion Fiesta, Wednesday 28 September 2016, 7:00pm
- Super 10 Regatta Auckland - Sunday 9 October 2016, 10:30am-2:30pm
- Pan Pacific Masters Games Gold Coast, 9-13 November 2016
- Milford Beach Races - Saturday 3 December 2016, starting at 11:00am
- World Masters Games Auckland - 29/30 April 2017