Life after Breast Cancer
Nineteen years ago, the Busting With Life Dragon Boat Team was established to provide hope and inspiration to those with breast cancer, and to make a difference…
WE ARE RECRUITING FOR NEW MEMBERS NOW
Email us to find out more
Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta, January 2017
It’s a long time since one season newbie had been part of a sports team; she said it felt great to be part of a fabulous group of friendly women who had a shared experience and had improved their fitness at the same time.
Tutukaka Coast Winter Festival Dragon Boat Regatta, August 2016
Driving, paddling, walking, talking, happy hour, shared cooked breakfast and dolphins in the Bay ... an exhilarating way to spend a late Winter weekend away.
ADBA Annual Awards, July 2016
Big congratulations to team member Leslie Ash, awarded Coach of the Year and Team Manager of the Year at the Auckland Dragon Boat Association annual awards. So very well deserved!
NZDBA National Championships, Lake Hood, Ashburton - 19/20 March 2016
The morning was a tad cool but the day was just unfolding. We arrived at Lake Hood and as the sun began to rise, its orange glow reflected onto the still waters - awesome, romantic almost……no time for that! We have a job to do, so let’s do it.
ADBA Regional Championships, Auckland - 12 March 2016
One new team member could not have imagined in her wildest dreams that one day she would be here on this day and quickly takes time to inhale the lake scenery along with a memory snap shot of the moment.
ADBA Boot Camp, Kai Iwi Lakes - 26-28 February 2016
12 Busting with Life ladies had a whale of a time at Kai Iwi Lakes this weekend. Besides some hard out paddling we got to know lots more about each other, like who the party animals are, who can pitch a tent and who can’t, and who can’t dance to save themselves.
Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta, Viaduct Harbour - Monday 1 February 2016
Years ago one of our newer team members just happened to be walking through the Viaduct one sunny day when she saw some Dragon Boats racing. She thought at the time that it looked amazing and that she would love to give it a go. Little did she know that, here in 2016 she would not only be "giving it a go," but would be racing her little heart out for the Busting With Life Dragon Boat team.
Tauranga Regatta, Lake Tauriko - Saturday 28 November 2015
The Tauranga event has always been a great team building regatta for us to attend, and this past weekend was no exception. We also had the absolute privilege of welcoming along a VIP visitor from Canada - Dr Don McKenzie. Dr Don is the pioneer of Breast Cancer dragon boating world-wide.
Hamilton Regatta, Hamilton Lake - Saturday 14 November 2015
We were thrilled to have some new ladies come to test the waters and try their hand at dragon boating and they were still smiling at the end of the day.
See what's happening
Becoming a Supporter or Sponsor
Without our Sponsors, Donors and key supporters, Busting With Life could not stay afloat. The whole team is involved in a myriad of fundraising activities, and the corporate sponsorships and trust grants are our lifeblood. We are indebted to our Sponsors and Donors for their contributions. Have a look on our dedicated Sponsors and Donors page for more information.
To make an instant on-line donation via secure website givealittle.co.nz, click here now. Busting With Life is grateful for any and all support.
See more here
Members - Latest Updates
- 07 February 2017 - (Events/Gallery - Auckland Anniversary Day Regatta, Viaduct Harbour, January 2016)
- 26 January 2017 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
- 05 December 2016 - (Gallery/Events - Hamilton Regatta, November 2016)
- 24 November 2016 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
- 22 November 2016 - (Gallery - We Welcome Newbies Darian Pearce and Jo Hooper, November 2016)
- 11 November 2016 - (Gallery - Pink Star Walk; WIMA; Spring Regatta; Season Opener; October 2016)
- 08 November 2016 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
- 08 November 2016 - (Events - Pink Star Walk; WIMA; Spring Regatta; Season Opener; October 2016)
- 03 October 2016 - (Events - Fashion Fiesta Fundraiser, September 2016)
- 21 September 2016 - (Home Page - Life after Breast Cancer)
- 12 September 2016 - (Home Page - Dates for future events updated)
- 05 September 2016 - (Events/Home Page - Tutukaka Coast Winter Festival Regatta, August 2016)
- 01 September 2016 - (Gallery - Tutukaka Coast Winter Festival Regatta, August 2016)
Paddles Ready !!!
For nineteen years and counting, the Busting With Life Dragon Boat team has participated in dragon boat racing to make a difference – to raise awareness of breast cancer and to encourage those living with it to lead full and active lives. And, while making a difference in the wider community, members have competed locally, nationally and internationally, enjoyed new and sustaining friendships, gained from enhanced fitness, and had endless fun.
Visit us on FACEBOOK and "LIKE" us here
New Paddlers - Join us NOW!
Have you had breast cancer?
Are you ready to try something new?
Take a look at dragonboat racing.
For more information and to find out about our training schedule email us now
Dates for Future Events
- ADBA Kai Iwi Lakes Boot Camp - Friday 10 to Sunday 12 February, 2017
- Movie Evening Fundraiser "Hidden Figures" - Sunday 19 February, 2017, 6:30pm. Tickets available now. Contact Judy Kemp 021 502351
- ADBA Turns Races, St Mary's Bay - Sunday 5th March 2017, 10:30am-3:30pm
- Auckland Senior Dragon Boat Regional Championships, Lake Pupuke, Takapuna - Saturday 18 March 2017, TBC
- National Dragon Boat Championships, Lake Karapiro, Waikato - 7-8 April 2017
- World Masters Games Dragon Boat Races, Sylvan Park, Takapuna - 29/30 April 2017